Name of Hospital : GCRG Institute of Medical Sciences
Address: Parvatpur, Bakshi Ka Talab, Lucknow
Telephone No. : 0522-3066104
This charter is an expression of the commitment and resolve of this hospital to provide to its patients information about the services that are available, the quality and standards of service that they may expect, as also the machinery and procedure available for redressal of that grievances and complaint.
Hours of work
Out Patient Department
Morning …… 09:00 ……. AM
Evening …… 02:00 .…… PM
Administrative & all department
Week days … 09:00 …. AM to … 04:00 … PM
Saturdays … 09:00 … AM to … 03:00 … PM
Closed on Sundays & Gazetted Holidays viz. Diwali, Holi, Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti – 07)
- Casualty / Emergency / Deptt. :
- Open throughout 24 hours on all days
- Casualty Medical Officer :
- Available 24 X 7
- Resident Doctors :
- One Sr. Resident, one Junior Resident of each Department available 24 X 7.
- Specialist Faculty :
- All specialties 09 AM to 04 PM and Saturday 9 to 3 PM. After 4 PM faculty will be on call.
- Resident Medical Officer / Duty Doctor :
- Every department will have one Senior / one Junior Resident on shift duties 24 X 7
- Laboratory :
- Week days 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Lunch break 01:00 AM to 01:30 PM
Saturdays 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Closed on Sundays & Gazetted Holidays
Emergency services are available on all days
- The list of doctors on duty, the names of Resident Medical Officer, Medical Suptd. Heads of different Deptt. along with their location and telephone numbers etc is displayed at the reception.
- Wheel chairs and stretchers are available on request at the gate/ reception for facility of patients who are not in a position to walk. Walkways/ lifts are also available for access to higher floors.
- A location map is on display at the reception for easy access to various Deptts. By patients.
- Every staff in this hospital can be identified by their uniform and name badge.
- Information regarding the fees and other payments if any to be made for use of the various facilities / diagnostic and other machines and equipment and / or for specialists fees/ medicines etc. are also displayed at the reception. For every payment a properly authenticated official receipt will be given.
- Adequate drinking water and toilet facilities are available for the convenience of the public.
- Adequate display boards are available at different locations for guidance of visitors and out patients.
- Ambulances / Mortuary vans are available for use on payment throughout 24 hours.
- There is a central laboratory available in the hospital premises for various tests.
- There is standby generator facility to cater to emergency services in case of general break down of electricity.
- Canteen is available for catering in visitors are out patients during normal working hours.
- Chemist shop is located in the hospital premises which is open 24 hours on all days.
This hospital has
115….. Doctors, 200…. Nurses, 300…. Beds
Standards of service and adequate degree of patient care can be provided to the extent proper and workable ratio between doctor to patient, nurses to patient and beds to patients are maintained as also the extent of availability of resources and facilities consistent with this every responsible effort will be made by this hospital.
- To provide access to hospital and professional medical care to all patients who visit the hospital.
- To prescribe a workable maximum waiting time for out patients, before they are attended by a qualified doctor and / or specialists and continuously strive to improve upon it.
- To ensure that all equipment in the hospital are maintained efficiently in proper working order.
- To ensure availability of beds and operation theatres facilities as freely as possible.
- To ensure treatment of emergency cases with attention.
Every out-patient seeking treatment at the hospital will be registered and issued a card for recording various details of the symptoms, diagnosis and treatment being provided. Efforts will be made to computerize the record system in the hospital, to provide better service to the patients.
- The patient’s right to privacy, dignity, religious and cultural beliefs, as also their right to be informed, right to consultation and choice shall be respected.
- No patient shall be treated or examined without his / her consent or the consent of the guardian in the case of minor and the consent of the legal heir in the case of a patient who is unconscious or otherwise unable to express himself. If a legal heir is not available but a medical information is urgently needed and delay may lead to complication dangerous the doctor shall be entitled to carry out accessory treatment or observation without such consent.
- No patient shall be used for any research or experiment without a written consent and without being informed of the potential hazards or discomforts involved.
- All patients and visitors to the hospital will receive courteous and prompt attention from the staff and officials of the hospital in the use of its various services.
- Qualified pharmacists shall handle drugs and ensure proper potency and quality of the drug or every effort will be made to ensure adequate availability of drugs especially those which are life saving. The pharmacy will display information regarding non-availability of any drug and how long they are likely to remain non-available.
- Reliability and promptness of laboratory results will be ensured and whenever possible such reports will be made available within 8 hours.
- Operation theatre shall be maintained on a regular basis to ensure that they are serviceable all the time and every effort will be made to keep the hospital and its surroundings, clean, infection-free and hygienic.
- A regular system of obtaining feed-back from the users will also be initiated through, periodic surveys for constantly improving the quality of service standards.
Equipment & Facilities / Services available
- This hospital has the following services available (egs. X-ray machines, Testing laboratory, Ultra sound, ECL, EEG & Oxygen pipe in every room in intensive care unit, centralized air-conditioned timing in ICU, 24 hour duty nurses for ICU, Physiotherapy equipment … etc…..)
- The hospital has its own electrical and mechanical units for ensuring proper maintenance and working of the various equipments.
- It any equipment is out of order, information regarding the same shall be displayed suitably indicating the alternate arrangements, if any, as also the likely date of re-commissioning the equipment after repairs and replacement.
When things go wrong or fail
- Appropriate action will be taken or those responsible for such failures and action taken in rectify the deficiencies. Complainants will also be informed of the action taken.
- In case of likely persistence of the deficiency the reasons for the delay in rectifying the deficiency and the time likely to be taken for rectifying the same, will be displayed prominently for the information of the public
- Special directions would be given to the non-medical staff to deal with the patients and public courteously. Any breach in this regard when thought to the notice of the hospital shall be dealt with appropriately.
- The hospital encourages the patients and the public to inform the authorities when things go wrong suggestions/ complaints boxes are provided at the reception, canteen and the RMO’s office. Also complaint forms with serial numbers and tear off counter folls are available at the reception.
Weekly review meetings will be held of all heads of deptts. to look into performance reports, grievances/complaints & their redressal, non-functioning of equipment, delays in repair, maintenance / replacement of equipments identification of deficiencies etc. and time bound action taken for improving performance.
Grievances/ Complaints / Redressal
- There will be a designated Medical Officer whose name, location and telephone number is duly displayed at the reception and elsewhere in the hospital for receiving and attending to all grievances and complaints. Every grievance/ complaint will be acknowledged immediately and dealt with finally within 7 working days Medical Officer for grievances / Complaints / Complaints
Dr. Afreen Nasir, Assistant Professor, Biochemistry, Contact no. 9044209341
- Every patient/ visitor shall have the right to be heard regarding his / her grievance / complaint.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the disposal of his grievance/ complainant, he can approach to the head of the hospital and thereafter the hospital advisory committee.
- A hospital advisory committee consisting of the Head of the hospital, the Heads of Deptts./ wings of the hospital, officials in-charge of the maintenance of hospital building, electrical systems and various equipments, representatives of consumers organizations, local MLAS/ MPs etc. will be constituted to review periodically the overall performance of the hospital in terms of patient care and treatment as also redressal of grievances & components. The names addresses and telephone numbers of the members of the advisory committee are displayed at the reception.
Responsibilities of the users
- Users of the hospital are entitled to demand adherence of all concerned to the charter principles as indicated above and bring any shortcomings or deficiencies to the notice of the appropriate authorities.
- Users should appreciate the various constraints under which the hospital is functioning and ensure its smooth functioning without inconveniencing other patients and visitors.
- They should help the hospital authorities in keeping the hospital and its surroundings clean and in proper sanitary condition.
- Provide useful feedback and constructive suggestions regarding the quality and extent of service available at the hospital.
- Refrain from misusing the facilities available or demanding an undue favour from the staff and officials.
Suggestion for improvement
Any suggestion for improvement of this charter document will be most welcome and may be addressed to :
The Director / Principal,
GCRG Institute of Medical Sciences,
Parvatpur, Bakshi Ka Talab,